Date:      Fri, 5 Oct 2012 10:05:57 +0200
From:      Fabien Thomas <fabien.thomas@netasq.com>
To:        sbruno@freebsd.org
Cc:        Davide Italiano <davide.italiano@gmail.com>, freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [CFT]hwpmc update for sandybridge-e

Le 5 oct. 2012 =E0 10:00, Fabien Thomas a =E9crit :

>=20
> Le 5 oct. 2012 =E0 00:46, Sean Bruno a =E9crit :
>=20
>> So, I did the bear minimum and kind of hacked things together without
>> understanding precisely what I was doing, and I was able to massage =
the
>> sandybridge-e CPUs into giving me some basic functions.
>>=20
>> Comments or concerns before I commit this?
>>=20
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~sbruno/pmc_sandybridge.txt
>=20
> Hi Sean,
>=20
> The only modification required is this one
> http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=3Drevision&revision=3D237196
>=20
>  but davide@ removed it for a problem that need to be looked at.

Looking at the doc this CPU require a full set of PMC as the list of =
event are different.
So this mean full manpage, full event list, =85

Doc:
"
The events in Table 19-3 apply to
processors with CPUID signature of DisplayFamily_DisplayModel encoding =
with the
following values: 06_2AH and 06_2DH. The events in Table 19-4 apply to =
processors
with CPUID signature 06_2AH. The events in Table 19-5 apply to =
processors with
CPUID signature 06_2DH.
"

Required change will be the same as this commit if you want to look at =
it:
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=3Drevision&revision=3D240164