Date:      Thu, 15 Jun 2017 16:17:29 -0400
From:      Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   11.1 ISO-IMAGES for alpha, beta and RC builds

https://www.freebsd.org/releases/11.1R/schedule.html

Shows no alpha builds. Is it normal to start the release build process
with beta builds skipping the alpha builds?

I see ISO-IMAGES for 11.1 beta1. I don't remembering seeing ISO-IMAGES
for previous alpha, beta and RC build releases. Is this a new change to
existing procedures?  Are we going to see ISO-IMAGES for alpha, beta and
RC builds from now on?

Where does snapshot prerelease fit into the alpha, beta and RC build
process?

Is this documented someplace?