Date:      Sat, 9 Feb 2002 17:10:26 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To:        =?iso-8859-7?Q?S=F8ren?= Neigaard <neigaard@e-box.dk>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Offtopic - IPCHAINS

On 2002-02-09 13:30, S?ren Neigaard wrote:
> At work we have a Debian machine as our firewall. I know this is a BSD
> forum, but I only have this one Linux question, and I was hoping I
> don't need to sign up for a Linux forum just for this one question :)
>
> If I set the TCP/UDP timeout values (something like ipchains -m -s
> 3000 300 100), and thereafter reboot the machine, those values are
> lost again. How can I make the values permanent?

Put the commands that you manually invoked to change the ipchains setup in
one of your startup scripts.  I'm afraid my knowledge of the Debian startup
scripts is close to nothing, and I can't help more, but you should be able
to find a script equivalent to BSD's /etc/rc.local without much trouble.

Perhaps posting to a Debian forum will get you more accurate help :-)

Giorgos Keramidas                           FreeBSD Documentation Project
keramida@{freebsd.org,ceid.upatras.gr}      http://www.FreeBSD.org/docproj/