Date:      Fri, 24 Aug 2012 11:34:26 -0700
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        Thomas Mueller <mueller23@insightbb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Ken Smith <kensmith@buffalo.edu>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 9.1-RC1 Available...

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 8:06 PM, Thomas Mueller <mueller23@insightbb.com> wrote:
> Excerpt from announcement by Ken Smith <kensmith@buffalo.edu>:
>
>> With both the doc and ports repositories now moved to SVN it has been
>> decided to not export the 9.1 release branch activity to CVS.  So
>> csup/cvsup update mechanisms are not available for updating to 9.1-RC1.
>> If you would like to use SVN the branch to use is releng/9.1.
>
> I read your message and followup messages and have questions about how to switch from csup to svn.
>
> System source is in /usr/src obtained by csup, apparently now being deprecated.
>
> Do I need to delete (rm -R /usr/src/*) before running
>
> svn co svn://svn.freebsd.org/base/stable/9 /usr/src

As a data point.. if you're talking about "stable/9", then that is
still available via cvs/csup/cvsup as RELENG_9.

If you track 9-stable, you're unaffected.

But there will never be a RELENG_10* anything in cvs.

--
Peter Wemm - peter@wemm.org; peter@FreeBSD.org; peter@yahoo-inc.com; KI6FJV
"If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete