Date:      21 Mar 97 07:18:19 -0600
From:      "Richard Wackerbarth" <rkw@dataplex.net>
To:        "Dmitrij Tejblum" <dima@tejblum.dnttm.rssi.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Source trees, distributed via CVSup and CTM, are different.

On Fri, Mar 21, 1997 6:33 AM, Dmitrij Tejblum
<mailto:dima@tejblum.dnttm.rssi.ru> wrote:
>For example, if you use CVSup, the first line of current file
>src/gnu/usr.bin/patch/inp.c is
>
>/* $Header: /home/ncvs/src/gnu/usr.bin/patch/inp.c,v 1.5 1997/03/17
01:44:40 jmg
>Exp $
>
>but if you use CTM, it is
>
>/* $Header: /pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-CVS/src/gnu/usr.bin/patch/inp.c,v 1.5
1997/
>03/17 01:44:40 jmg Exp $
>
>It generates a little troubles if moving from CVSup to CTM.
>
>Also, can it affect the 2.2 CTM deltas?

The CTM deltas are consistent within themselves.
They check only to see that the files in your tree match the files in my
"before" tree. After the delta is generated, it is actually applied to the
"before"
tree to make it match the "after" tree to be ready for the next round.

IMHO, it would be better if the Header files to which you refer did not
include
the actual CVSROOT, but only the path thereafter. Eg.
src/gnu/usr.bin/patch/inp.c,v

Short of that, the two distributions will match only if our CVS trees are
in
exactly the same place. I don't think that is likely to happen. I know that
 /home/ncvs/src is not going to happen on my machine and I suspect that
there are equally valid reasons why /pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-CVS/src may
not be appropriate for the other side.