Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 1995 22:53:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mail Archive <archive@cps.cmich.edu>
To:        David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.de>, FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: getting close - 1104-snap ed0 not working

On Tue, 14 Nov 1995, David Greenman wrote:

>    There have been no changes to the driver code in the past 2 months. Can you
> be more specific about "it doesn't work"?

it will probe the card find the card but refuse to initialize the network
with an ifconfig. All I get from the ifconfig is the ability to ping my
own IP number but not my router. I can throw a linux boot disk in and
setup network with the same values and am able to NFS mount the remote
filesystem where the installation lives. I have also tried both
10base5/10base2/10baseT on all these cards and "NONE" of them will work
under freebsd. Yet all of them are probed and will run on linux. I do not
know how much farther I can go with this. But the only factor I have
found is that all the motherboards are Intel with Neptune chipsets
P5-90's. I then got brave this afternoon and took the same hardware MINUS
motherboard (replaced it with an ASUS PCI/I-P55TP4XE board and guess what
all the ISA cards work fine now. I have a feeling that this a problem of
the Neptune chipset.

This is all the insight I have....

Matthew S. Bailey
mbailey@cps.cmich.edu