Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2001 11:56:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Elliott Perrin <eperrin@beanfield.com>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   VPN over VLANS and dynamic clients

Hello there, I am not currently subscribed to net or security so if I
could be CC'ed on all replies that would be excellent.

I am trying to setup VPN connectivity for a client that needs to be able
to log in to their office from dynamic IP's. I have setup VLANS over an
fxp card that corespond to their VLAN in our Cisco's. BTW, it is not an
option to setup the VPN through the Cisco as I cannot specify more than
one policy and we already have a client's VPN running through the Cisco.
The FBSD box has public IP and a private IP, both on vlan interfaces
(vlan0 and vlan1) with the private IP sitting on the subnet of the client.

I want to be able to have a client authenticate and be handed an IP from
the LAN that they are connecting to. so it would look like this.

client - dynamic IP ----> pub ip on FBSD--192.168. on FBSD (part of LAN)
          need encryption between here

Have I been hitting the pipe too much this morning or is there a way to
accomplish this??? Any hints, advice are more than welcome.

Thanks
eperrin@beanfield.com