Date:      Wed, 17 Mar 2004 12:59:13 +0100
From:      des@des.no (Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?q?Sm=F8rgrav?=)
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@freebsd.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [current tinderbox] failure on ia64/ia64

Ruslan Ermilov <ru@freebsd.org> writes:
> I cannot reproduce it either, but perhaps this is the same reason why
> we still have -Wno-uninitialized in <bsd.sys.mk> for normal WARNS
> levels.

No, we use -Wno-uninitialized because of cases where it is obvious to
humans but not to gcc that a variable is initialized, such as:

    if (foo !=3D NULL)
        bar =3D baz(foo);
    /* some code that doesn't change foo */
    if (foo !=3D NULL)
        printf("%d\n", bar);

If you remove the code between the two ifs, gcc will coalesce them and
realize nothing fishy is going on (unless you compile with -O0).

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=C3=B8rgrav - des@des.no