Date:      Sat, 12 Oct 2002 11:45:53 +0200
From:      Mark Pearce <mark@netchat.co.za>
To:        Dean Hollister <dean@odyssey.apana.org.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Decision PCCOM 8 port serial cards

> >I have installed windows 98, card works fine, installed an old RedHat
> >7.2 and it sees the card as a multiport shared irq card.
> >
> >How do I go about installing this card on FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE.
> >What steps in order must I follow to install this card.
> >What sio entries must I have, must I use the PUC driver.
>
> This always seemed to work for me. Sounds like you card could be
> similar...
>
> options "COM_MULTIPORT"
>
> device sio4 at isa? port 0x240 flags 0xb81
> device sio5 at isa? port 0x248 flags 0xb81
> device sio6 at isa? port 0x250 flags 0xb81
> device sio7 at isa? port 0x258 flags 0xb81
> device sio8 at isa? port 0x260 flags 0xb81
> device sio9 at isa? port 0x268  flags 0xb81
> device sio10 at isa? port 0x270 flags 0xb81
> device sio11 at isa? port 0x278 flags 0xb81 irq 5
>
> IIRC, the IRQs on these things are dipswitched on the board. The port
> was also, that Win98 setup should be able to fill in the blanks.

Hi

I tried your options and I got the following:
sio4: gdb debugging port
sio5: gdb debugging port
sio6: gdb debugging port
sio7: gdb debugging port
sio8: gdb debugging port
sio9: gdb debugging port
sio10: gdb debugging port
sio11: gdb debugging port
 &
sio4: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio5: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio6: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio7: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio8: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio9: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio10: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio11: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0

My dmesg shows me the following as well:
pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=0x6666, dev=0x0002) at 15.0 irq 11
I suspect that this is the serial card, I changed the irq from 5 to 11
and rebuilt the kernel, I get the following error:

sio4: configured irq 11 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio5: configured irq 11 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio6: configured irq 11 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio7: configured irq 11 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio8: configured irq 11 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio9: configured irq 11 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio10: configured irq 11 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio11: configured irq 11 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0

What am I overlooking here.

Mark