Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 1995 09:52:32 -0600 (CST)
From:      faulkner@mpd.tandem.com (Boyd Faulkner)
To:        jia@cs.depaul.edu (Xiaoping Jia)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD installation problem

> Installed the boot manager. When boots I first choose F5 to disk 2 then
> choose F2 to boot FreeBSD. I got the initial boot message, similar to
> those when boot from boot floppy. When prompt with
>
> boot:
>
> I type
>
> hd(1,a)/kernel
>
> Then it shows
>

> and stuck.
>
> I read carefully the troubleshooting part. No help. I really appreciate
> your help. Regards.

Unless, Disk1 is IDE and Disk2 is SCSI, use
wd(1,a)/kernel if they are IDE or
sd(1,a)/kernel if they are SCSI.

Congrats on the boot manager.  I only got that to work but not labelling the
second disk at all but then your don't get the boot: prompt.

Good Luck.
Boyd

 Boyd Faulkner                                  faulkner@isd.tandem.com