Date:      Sat, 12 Apr 2003 18:32:20 +0300
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: stand/..

Hi!

> /stand should get updated when you buildworld.

Is that true? I had never given much thought to the /stand directory until
this thread, but now that I did check it on several of my FreeBSD machines
that have been upgraded multiple times with the "make world" procedure,
I found that everything *except* sysinstall in these directories is from
the time the machine was first installed.

I always end my "make world" procedure with making the new sysinstall, as
described in the handbook.

--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* It's always darkest right before you step on the cat.