Date:      Thu, 09 Feb 95 13:37:00 PST
From:      Plyaskin Sergey <splyaski@cmp.com>
To:        "'.freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   SVGA card and XFree86

I know this is not exactly the place to ask XFree86 questions but I just
don't know the better place, sorry.

I'm running FreeBSD 2.0-950202-SNAP and XFree86-3.1 on a 486DX33 VLB. I have
a choice of ATI Graphics Ultra ISA and Cirrus Logic GD5428 VLB adapters.

 I tried for a long time to get any resolution better than 640x480 4bit with
ATI card. No luck. Now I'm going to try the second one. As I understand, I
have no idea about those clocks and sync. frequency parameters. Have anyone
succeeded with any of these cards? It's really a pain in the neck :-(
 Thanks.

Serge      splyaski@cmp.com