Date:      Sat, 27 May 2000 14:13:49 -0600
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.inka.de>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What chipset is Tekram DC-315U?

On Sat, May 27, 2000 at 21:11:12 +0200, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> John Reynolds <jjreynold@home.com> wrote:
>
> > Does anybody know what chipset Tekram is using for their DC-315U controller?
>
> Their very own TRM-S1040. This should be mentioned somewhere on
> their web site, btw.
>
> I'm under the impression that this is supported, but I can't find
> any reference to it, so I may be mistaken. Check the archive of
> this list. Also, don't Tekram themselves provide drivers for FreeBSD?

Tekram has written a CAM driver for FreeBSD, so it is supported by Tekram.

The driver isn't in the tree, however.  Another caveat about the chip is
that it doesn't appear to have its own SCSI phase engine.  So you'll likely
have several interrupts per SCSI I/O with that chip.

I think you'd probably be better off with one of their Symbios/LSI
controllers.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry