Date:      Wed, 8 Feb 2012 13:32:47 -0800
From:      Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Subject:   Re: siisch1: Error while READ LOG EXT

On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 01:27:23PM -0800, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 04:00:57PM -0500, Mike Tancsa wrote:
> > Ever since I added a new PM, I have been seeing a new error (READ LOG EXT) along with a the odd slot timeout error.

BTW, something I forgot to cover in my reply: the slot number shown in
the output (e.g. "Timeout on slot NN") has nothing to do with "port
number", "connector", or anything like that.  It's an internal
controller feature; AHCI offers the same thing.  I performed rudimentary
analysis on this back in April 2011 by reviewing the code and a small
write-up on it (semi-technical):

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-fs/2011-April/011197.html

Taken from my post at that time, which is what I'm wanting to relay
here: "Timeout on slot N" != SATA port N.  Two unrelated things.

--
| Jeremy Chadwick                                 jdc@parodius.com |
| Parodius Networking                     http://www.parodius.com/ |