Date:      Tue, 6 Jun 2006 16:45:04 -0300 (ADT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Moving Skype from Windows -> FreeBSD 6.x ...

k, I've been running and using it for a couple of weeks on a Windows box
... faster/easier to configure so that I could play with it ... but, I
want to move it all over to a spare FreeBSD desktop that I have sitting
beside my test as a more permanent home for it ...

The big issue that I have, and even had on my Windows box, that is
preventing me from make more use of it then to make calls out, is getting
speakers to co-exist with my headset ... basically, unless I have the
headset on, there is no way to hear it ringing ...

Now, a bit of searching on the 'Net, I know I can get USB Speakers, but is
that something only Windows supports, or will FreeBSD support it?

The MB has onboard sound, so I could pick up a second sound card for it as
well ... I have a spare laying around, but its an ancient ISA one, and no
ISA slots :(

Thoughts / suggestions?

Thanks ...

----