Date:      Wed, 3 May 2017 13:36:46 -0400
From:      Zhuojia Shen <zshen10@cs.rochester.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Allocate huge chunk of pageable memory in FreeBSD kernel space

Hi,

I'm working on a project that uses FreeBSD 11.0 on amd64 to do some
security research.  Now what I want to achieve is to allocate an 8TB
portion of memory within the kernel virtual address space using demand
paging.  I noticed that there is an unused portion of kernel space
from 0xffff804020101000 to 0xfffff80000000000 where the 8TB structure
would fit.  I also noticed that there is a function kmap_alloc_wait()
which can be used to allocate pageable memory.  Do you suggest that I
use this function and, if so, how would I use it?

Thank you,

Zhuojia

--
Zhuojia Shen