Date:      Sat, 23 May 2015 08:30:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Roger Marquis <marquis@roble.com>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   New pkg audit / vuln.xml failures (php55, unzoo)

FYI regarding these new and significant failures of FreeBSD security
policy and procedures.

PHP55 vulnerabilities announced over a week ago
<https://www.dotdeb.org/2015/05/22/php-5-5-25-for-wheezy/>) have still
not been ported to lang/php55.  You can, however, edit the Makefile,
increment the PORTVERSION from 5.5.24 to 5.5.25, and 'make makesum
deinstall reinstall clean' to secure a server without waiting for the
port to be updated.  Older versions of PHP may also have unpatched
vulnerabilities that are not noted in the vuln.xml database.

New CVEs for unzoo (and likely zoo as well) have not yet shown up in 'pkg
audit -F' or vuln.xml.  Run 'pkg remove unzoo zoo' at your earliest
convenience if you have these installed.

   HEADS-UP: anyone maintaining public-facing FreeBSD servers who is
   depending on 'pkg audit' to report whether a server is secure it should
   be noted that this method is no longer reliable.

If you find a vulnerability such as a new CVE or mailing list
announcement please send it to the port maintainer and
<ports-secteam@FreeBSD.org> as quickly as possible.  They are whoefully
understaffed and need our help.  Though freebsd.org indicates that
security alerts should be sent to <secteam@FreeBSD.org> this is
incorrect.  If the vulnerability is in a port or package send an alert to
ports-secteam@ and NOT secteam@ as the secteam will generally not reply
to your email or forward the alerts to ports-secteam.

Roger