Date:      Fri, 5 Apr 2002 21:33:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        Gerard Samuel <gsam@trini0.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   Re: qmail.sh startup??

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Gerard Samuel wrote:
> Hey all.  I had to reboot my box today, and during boot up, it would stop after it started apache and mysql, and I would have to control-C to get it going. Then I noticed that I couldn't send any mail. I started the qmail start up script by hand and its cool now. Everything looks ok with it.  What could be causing it to not start during bootup?? Thanks

I know the feeling, Gerard! :)  What I noticed was if my internet
connection was not physically powered on, certain things would hang at
startup (such as dhclient, sendmail) and I would C-c to get past them.

> lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel    13 Mar 23 15:40 qmail.sh -> /var/qmail/rc
> -r-xr-xr-x   1 root    qmail   439 Mar 28 15:07 rc

What you may wish to do is move the qmail.sh (is that a link or an actual
text file, it isn't clear?) to /usr/local/etc/rc.d/qmail.sh - make sure you
chmod it to 644 or executable...

That way, it will get sourced at startup, or you can just put a line at the
end of your /etc/rc.conf file such as this:

/bin/sh /path/to/your/qmail.sh

Best wishes,

--
Peter Leftwich