Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 2000 11:22:08 -0200
From:      Pedro A M Vazquez <vazquez@br.freebsd.org>
To:        Silveira Neto <silveira@matrix.com.br>
Cc:        www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Brazilian User Group

 Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 11:11:36AM -0200, Silveira Neto wrote:

> The situation of FreeBSD in Brazil it's very good, there are a lot of
> company that use this operating system in their servers, like us (Matrix
> Internet, the 4th largest internet provider in Brazil).

Not to mention, e.g. that NS.DNS.br, that serves all *.br domain, moved to
FreeBSD this year in order to gain stability and performance.

> As you know, the official FreeBSD Brazil Mailling List are offline, for
> four months ago, and we support your community, by another mailling list
> now, the BSD-L (majordomo@br-unix.org | subscribe bsd-l)

We had two server crashes: the first one in April and the second
one in september. The list is up, it just moved to closed subscription
and moderation due the excessive traffic of html messages.