Date:      Fri, 16 Jun 2006 19:22:03 +0300
From:      Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
To:        Maxim Konovalov <maxim@macomnet.ru>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
Subject:   Re: Help?  6.1-S: Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode

--cPi+lWm09sJ+d57q

18 PDT 2006     dhw@localhost:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SMP_PAE_DDB  i386

> > As I commented in email to some colleagues, "color me surprised."
> >
> > I've suggested to the vendor (the program under test on the box is
> > from a vendor, built under & for FreeBSD 5.x; I'm using the
> > misc/compat5x port) that they consider trying this themselves, and
> > perhaps also take advantage of John Birrell's work to date on the
> > FreeBSD port of DTrace.
> >
> > I'm still not too keen to run a production workload on a -CURRENT
> > platform.  I don't know if whatever is causing -CURRENT to keep running
> > while -STABLE dies is an MFC candidate, but it seems to me that
> > identifying the salient change(s) would be helpful in figuring that out.
> >
> > Any suggestions for how to go about doing that?
>=20
> "trace" in ddb would be good start.  Do you really need PAE?
The real problem is that trace does not work. Original message
contains the details. It is either NULL-pointer function call (most likely),
or stack array overflow.

I already sent the OP the instructions how to proceed. And waiting for
response.

--cPi+lWm09sJ+d57q

--cPi+lWm09sJ+d57q--