Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 1997 08:48:11 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, mestery@winternet.com, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with my Wincast, fxtv

Amancio Hasty stands accused of saying:

> Just ignore Michael's posting -- it says nothing .

On the contrary, it says a great deal, as does your "just ignore him
and he'll go away" handwave.

> Anyone with a little intellingence can discern from my posting that
> I am *very* upset with isa_dmastatus.

No shit.  I'm not taking you to task one way or another for that;
eventually you and Luigi will talk it over and come to a reasonable
solution, and until then I'll do exactly nothing.

isa_dmastatus is there at the explicit request of the audio weenie faction, right where it belongs.  If you don't _like_ it, then

a) you should have said so back when it was being discussed
b) you should be proposing a useful fix that doesn't screw the rest of
   the DMA consumers just because you don't like the API.

Saying "I don't like the bus support, so I'll go write it all again
from scratch" is really quite counterproductive.  It virtually
guarantees that, when the bus support is changed next time, you're
going to scream three times as loudly.

How's about you get with the plan now, and perhaps benefit from some
teamwork?