Date:      Tue, 26 Jan 1999 15:11:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>
To:        Chris Stenton <jacs@gnome.co.uk>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: old version of PAM in 3.0-stable stopping Samba working?

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Chris Stenton wrote:

: Ok taking out the above as requested gives the following error
:
: Jan 26 19:53:55 buzzard smbd: no modules loaded for `samba' service
:
: Which I believe is coming from the PAM library. So, it looks like a PAM service
: is required for samba account management. I think I will take Matt Behrens
: route at the moment to get things up and running.

For yours and others' reference, what I did was remove `-lpam' from
the `LIBS=' line in source/Makefile, and undef these three symbols
in source/include/config.h:

	HAVE_PAM_AUTHENTICATE
	HAVE_PAM_AUTHENTICATE		(yes, it appears twice)
	HAVE_SECURITY_PAM_APPL_H

- Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>
  Network Administrator, zigg.com <http://www.zigg.com/>;
  Engineer, Nameless IRC Network <http://www.nameless.net/>;