Date:      Sun, 4 Oct 1998 16:06:20 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Nathan <frank@khmere.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Newbies user groups in LA area

On Sat, Oct 03, 1998 at 10:32:23PM -0700, Nathan wrote:
> I am very fond of FreeBSD after moving from Linux (RedHat) to FreeBSD.
>
> I want to see if their are any people in the LA area that you know of
> that have a user group or are interested in starting one?
>
> I am by no means an expert at FreeBSD but I do know my way around and
> I think that I am getting better every day.
>
> I would love the opportunity to share my experience and have other share
> as well in order for me to improve my skills.
>
> Can you pint me in the right direction?

There is a list of user groups at http://www.freebsd.org/support.html and
you can get there from our page http://www.freebsd.org/projects/newbies.html

If there is a group in your area, they'll be delighted to have you
join them. If not, maybe you'll start one :-)

Meanwhile you (and others) could consider helping out in any other ways
that might interest you. The FreeBSD Documentation Project
http://www.freebsd.org/projects/docproj.html has lots of jobs that
newbies can do. The FreeBSD-Advocacy group is a mailing list where
ideas are tossed around until some people actually get out there and do
stuff. Also subscribe to the FreeBSD-announce mailing list for news of
important events, sometimes including meetings. Mailing list details
are at http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/eresources:mail.html (be sure to
read the list charters first). There's always newbies in
freebsd-questions looking for help and advice if you're well up on a
particular area, or just listen in. Daemon News
(http://www.daemonnews.org/) is always looking for good articles, or
just enjoy what others have written, and tell your Linux friends :-)
If you have any ideas for what else newbies can do, or what can be
done for newbies, the freebsd-newbies discussion group is a safe place
to get a few heads together.

I hope you find everything you're looking for!

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-