Date:      Tue, 1 Oct 1996 14:30:54 -0500 (CDT)
From:      James Hu <jxh@cs.wustl.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Making libg++-2.7.2 a shared object

FreeBSD-2.1.5 RELEASE

I was able to get gcc-2.7.2.1 to compile basically out of the box.
However, I am having difficultines with the libg++ library.
Basically, I cannot seem to get it to create shared libraries.  Has
anyone else tried this?  I imagine I have to change the library
creation rule and alter it to use ld -B shareable $(OBJ), but is there
more to do than that?

In case you are wondering, I am installing 2.7.2.1 in a separate
hierarchy until I can determine its stability.

-- James