Date:      Thu, 25 May 1995 08:02:59 +0500 (GMT+0500)
From:      "Serge A. Babkin" <babkin@hq.icb.chel.su>
To:        ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com (Thomas David Rivers)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com, rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com
Subject:   Re: Another idea about my sound card (perhaps Plug&Play is the problem?)

> If this is the case with this "Plug and Play" device, what are we to
> do with other "Plug and Play" cards in the future, which will similar
> not have jumpers, but instead be informed of their IRQ, etc...   Does
> any have an idea of how to negotiate an IRQ with a "Plug and Play"
> card?

3c5x9 adapters are claimed to be "Plug-n-Play" too. You can look at
its initialization scheme in if_ep.c. At initialization time such thing
as manufacturer ID is checked, so it may be an universal "Plug-n-Play"
scheme.

		Serge Babkin

! (babkin@hq.icb.chel.su)
! Headquarter of Joint Stock Commercial Bank "Chelindbank"
! Chelyabinsk, Russia