Date:      Thu, 13 Apr 95 11:18:00 PDT
From:      Plyaskin Sergey <splyaski@cmp.com>
To:        "'.freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   IRC client

Hi All,

This isn't strictly FreeBSD question but I just do not know any other
mailing list with so many Unix gurus. Please answer by private email if you
think this question is of no interest to other list subscribers. Thanks in
advance. And here's my question:
We have an T1 link to Internet through firewall:

INTERNET===Host1(HP9000)===FW===Host2(HP9000)===Host3(FreeBSD)

                                Host4(FreeBSD)

Hosts 1 and 2 run HPUX 9.04 and have everything set up. I do not have DNS on
the Host3 because generally I only can access Host2 and Host3. I use hosts
table for that purpose. Now I need to run IRC from Host3. Obviously, this s
not possible because I Host3 can't resolve names. Is there any way to use
DNS service from Host2 for this. How to set it up?
Thanks.

Serge        splyaski@cmp.com