Date:      Sun, 07 Aug 2005 18:05:56 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, alexjeffburke@gmail.com
Subject:   Re: Model device driver / Newbus

M. Warner Losh wrote:
> In message: <a8b8bb5105080713006ecdfc1b@mail.gmail.com>
>             Alex Burke <alexjeffburke@gmail.com> writes:
> : Hi,
> :
> : I want to try writing a driver for an MCA card.
> :
> : I am just wondering if there is any skeleton driver (preferably a bus
> : like PCI), and also whether the newbus framework is used for MCA
> : drivers. What is the preferred method of writing drivers now?
>
> MCA as in micro channel architecture?  If so, then you should look at
> the ep driver.  It is one of the few in the tree that has a mca
> attachment, and would be good to review.

Warner,

A while back you indicated that you would like to redo the sample skeleton
drivers in share/examples..

I can do that over the net few days if you could give me some
pointers as to good examples of modern code to extract from.
(I have a few days off since my recent brush with a PHM at work)
It'll probaly take a few iterations as I haven't been following
newbus so I'll need to pass teh results back to you for comment
and fixing several times.