Date:      Mon, 10 Nov 1997 19:48:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mark Szlaga <mszlaga@umd.umich.edu>
To:        Peter Philipp <pjp@globalserve.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IP-Masquerade and NAT

On Mon, 10 Nov 1997, Peter Philipp wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Nov 1997, Mark Szlaga wrote:
>
> >    I see in the faq that FreeBSD supports NAT.  My question is how
> > well.  I am currently running Linux w/ IP-Masq on a P-200MMX dual.  I am
> > trying to get Linux runnig on my new gateway, a 386/SX-25 with 2x 40MB
> > MFM hdd's (it's what I had available.)
>
> My answer is very well.  I'm using natd and just recently played with the
> port_redirect option.  It's fairly amazing.  I did however find that with
> the 2.2.2-REL kernel I had problems of the kernel crashing when I used
> natd.  It caused a page fault, but after upgrading the kernel to a releng
> after that it seemed to work fine.

Two things.  Are there any good FAQ's to read about the NAT stuff, it did not
say much in the freeBSD faq.  And, what version would the releng one be?

Thanks a bunch for the speedy reply.

Mark Szlaga    mszlaga@umd.umich.edu    http://www.umd.umich.edu/~mszlaga/
/dev/hdb5 - 0.5Gb of spinning metal, all alone in the night...
   -- Unknown - scary devil monistary