Date:      Sun, 10 Nov 2002 21:24:49 -0700 (MST)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Two identical network cards in a laptop?

On Sun, 10 Nov 2002, Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:

> The problem is that pccardd isn't able to configure the second card.
> In /etc/rc.conf I have these lines for pccardd:
> pccard_enable="YES"
> pccard_mem="DEFAULT"
> pccardd_flags=" -i 3 -i 15"

Does specifying the interrupts like that work, or do you have to do
something like:

-i "3 15"

Don't know, it just looks odd, and I could see it using only the one is
parsed last.

> (and the necessary _ifconfig lines)
> The default pccard.conf file didn't make the second card configured, so I have made my
> own /etc/pccard.conf:
> # Billionton LNA-100B
> card "Billionton" "LNA-100B"
>         config  auto  "ed1" ?
>         config  auto  "ed2" ?
>         insert  /etc/pccard_ether $device start
>         remove  /etc/pccard_ether $device stop

In a similar fashion, seems like that should be ed0 and ed1.  IME, if
they show up as ed1, it means the hints in the kernel config file are
wrong.  In other words, try "device ed" in the kernel config rather than
a line that specifies all the settings for a single card.