Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 2000 18:44:35 EDT
From:      "gerald stoller" <gerald_stoller@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   signals and traps

     I would like to play with the signals and traps of the  Korn shell ;
could someone please direct me quickly to the relevant areas?  I expect that
they are  trap.c ,  sigact.[ch] ,  main.c , and  siglist.* .  I found
runtraps  (in the  shell  function of  main.c ) and it calls  runtrap  from
within a  for-loop .  This seems to be how the traps are processed.  How
does the signal get to the shell?  Is the kernel involved in any of this?
How is it determined which process should field a signal?  Is there a
description of the various fields of the structures involved and how they
are used somewhere in a book or on the internet?