Date:      22 Feb 1999 01:48:01 -0500
From:      Kevin Street <street@iname.com>
To:        Lycorne <comets@wanadoo.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: graphic card . . .

Lycorne <comets@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> I am very interrested for FreeBSD, but can you explain some thinks:
> - It is compatible vith a Diamond V550 on AGP Bus?

Yes, I'm using one.  It's actually XFree86 (the X Window server) that
supports the card in graphics modes.  You need a recent version of it
for this card (ver 3.3.3.1 is current).  FreeBSD comes with XFree86
(so does Linux).

> - How to learn for using FreeBSD if I have never works on Unix System
> (Books...)

See http://www.cdrom.com/titles/os/bsdbook2.htm for one good book
or http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/bibliography.html for a list of
some others.  Read the rest of the handbook at
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/ while you're there.

> - What is the difference between Linux and FreeBSD

This is a "religious" topic, but basically they both have the same
capabilities.

--
Kevin Street
street@iName.com