Date:      Mon, 24 Oct 2005 21:40:19 +0100
From:      <Tyrone@telecity.se>
To:        <freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org>
Subject:   shaping

Hi,
I'm having trouble shaping not sure if my commands are correct want to =
run it here just in case I'm missing something:
I have a freebsd 5.4-Release router with two network cards one connected =
to my upstream provider and one connected to my vLAN enabled switch, =
traffic between my vLANS and the internet are up and running without any =
problems.
I need to shape traffic for each vLAN connecting to the internet.I will =
NOT be firewalling at all, just shaping the vLANS at this stage nothing =
more.
Here is what I have configured:
=20
#traffic pipes setup
ipfw pipe 1 config bw 2mbit/s
ipfw pipe 2 config bw 10mbit/s=20
ipfw pipe 3 config bw 20mbit/s
=20
#limit incoming/outgoing traffic
ipfw add 100 pipe 1 ip from any to any in recv vlan0
ipfw add 100 pipe 1 ip from any to any out xmit vlan0
ipfw add 200 pipe 2 ip from any to any in recv vlan1
ipfw add 200 pipe 2 ip from any to any out xmit vlan1
ipfw add 300 pipe 3 ip from any to any in recv vlan2
ipfw add 300 pipe 3 ip from any to any out xmit vlan2
=20
#My kernel configuration
options         IPFIREWALL          =20
options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE  =20
options         IPFIREWALL_FORWARD =20
options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=3D100   =20
options         IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT =20
options         IPV6FIREWALL      =20
options         IPV6FIREWALL_VERBOSE
options         IPV6FIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=3D100
options         IPV6FIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT
options         IPDIVERT                #divert sockets
options         DUMMYNET
options         BRIDGE
=20
Regards
Tyrone

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail is intended only for the use of the addressees named above
and may be confidential. If you are not an addressee you must not use
any information contained in nor copy it nor inform any person other
than TeleCity or the addressees of its existence or contents. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please contact the TeleCity IT
department on +44 (0) 161 232 3220 or by email at
techsupport@telecity.com. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed
100% secure, you should therefore take this potential lack of security
into consideration when emailing us as we do not accept legal
responsibility for the security of the contents of this or other =

emails. Whilst TeleCity take measures to prevent any virus
contamination of our computer systems, recipients of emails should
always ensure that they take their own precautions to avoid virus
contamination.
=0D