Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 1997 16:52:09 -0500
From:      "James F. Schmidt" <jschmidt@cessys.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Samba & Network Backup

We have installed Samba with a share of the entire FreeBSD drive e.g.: "/". I can browse the Samba share with no problems and would like to use an NT workstation as the primary means of backing up the FreeBSD installation with our DAT backup drive over the local network.

Although this all works fine, if I ever had to restore files, would there be any file translation issues like with binaries and file attributes?

Thank you in advance.

Jim
James F. Schmidt	        CES Systems, Inc.
jschmidt@cessys.com	         www.cessys.com
Innovative Electronic & Internet Solutions