Date:      Mon, 14 May 2012 18:39:11 -0700
From:      Samuel V Green III <macunkie@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   pkg_add -r gnome2 error

I'v attempted to get some help from the form and no luck so far.
I have a fresh install of 9.0 on my 15" 1.25ghz Powerbook G4.
When I attempt "pkg_add -r gnome2" I get the following error:

Unable to get =
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/powerpc/packages-9.0-release/Lates=
t/gnome2.tbz File unavailable
fkg_add: unable to fetch =
'ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/powerpc/packages-9.0-release/Late=
st/gnome2.tbz'

I'm a FreeBSD newbie and have my connection via DHCP from internet =
sharing from my MacBook Pro.
When I run "ifconfig" it says, "in so many words" that I'm connected.  =
Not sure if I'm connected to the net though?
When I ping my inet ip I get "5 packets transmitted, 5 packets recieved, =
0.0% packet loss.

My rc.config reads as follows:

hostname=3D"free.local"
ifconfig_gem0=3D"DHCP"
sshd_enable=3D"YES"
dumpdev=3D"AUTO"
ftpd_enable=3D"YES"
gateway_enable=3D"YES"
tcp_extensions=3D"YES"
hostname=3D"free.local"
router_flags=3D"-q"
router=3D"192.168.1.1" (this is my actual router address my MacBook Pro =
is wirelessly connected to)
ifconfig_fwe0=3D"DHCP"
ipv6_activate_all_interfaces=3D"YES"
hostname=3D"free.local"

My resolv.conf reads as follows:
nameserver 192.168.2.1

Utilizing "Cyberduck" I am able to download the gnome2.tbz on my MacBook =
Pro.

Questions:

Is there some other "pkg"  I can attempt to install to test rather than =
gnome2 (just don't know what to try)

Is it possible to transfer the "gnome2.tbz via usb stick and then =
attempt an install the gnome2.tbz on FreeBSD manually ?

I have unix, windows, and a little linux experience and this is the =
first time I've installed an OS without a GUI built in.

How can I test if my running FreeBSD is "actually" connected to the net =
?

Thanks for any help !

Samuel.=