Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 1999 15:14:58 +0200
From:      Udo Schweigert <ust@cert.siemens.de>
To:        Hellmuth Michaelis <hm@kts.org>
Cc:        mranner@netway.at, dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org, freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sppp problems (was: A new prob with 3.2R and 0.83 Was: 14b L2 and L3 errors)

On Tue, Sep 28, 1999 at 02:54:10PM +0200, Hellmuth Michaelis wrote:
> Michael Ranner wrote:
>
> > config says JAWA:268: unknown option "SPPP_VJ"
> >
> > I checked my options files in i386/conf and i4b.0.03/FreeBSD/*.cat
> > an cant find a option for SPPP_VJ!
>
> In case you want to enable VJ header compression support for the isp
> interfaces, you have to put "options SPPP_VJ" into your kernel
> config file and you will get a _warning_ as described above because
> sppp does not include an options file (yet).
>
> The SPPP_VJ option is a bit experimental and there seems to be a great
> confusion about i4b's sppp and the native sppp and i4b's spppcontrol
> and the native spppcontrol.
>
> Because of this confusion and the fact that even NetBSD and OpenBSD
> have adopted different/similar sppp versions, it is very likely that
> the next i4b will have an own i4bsppp and an own i4bspppcontrol.

That's a very good idea. I think this will make things much more easy.

Udo Schweigert              || Voice      : +49 89 636 42170
Siemens AG, Siemens CERT    || Fax        : +49 89 636 41166
ZT IK 3                     || email      : Udo.Schweigert@mchp.siemens.de
D-81730 Muenchen / Germany  ||            : ust@cert.siemens.de
PGP fingerprint             || 2A 53 F6 A6 30 59 64 02  6B C4 E0 73 B2 C9 6C E7