Date:      Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:09:57 -0400
From:      Eduard Martinescu <martines@rochester.rr.com>
To:        "Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steve@sohara.org>
Cc:        david@whatistruth.net
Subject:   Re: ATA failure with 4.6.2 & 250GB drive?

I do not actually know.  I did not think you could have a disk drive
show up under ATAPICAM.  I also thought that all of the commands sent
through the ATAPICAM layer are ATAPI packet commands, while the SMART
command is an ATA command.  Actually, my reading of the ATA specs shows
ATA devices can implement SMART or ATAPI but not both.

Ed

--
Eduard Martinescu <martines@rochester.rr.com>