Date:      Tue, 18 May 2004 08:55:16 +0100
From:      Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>
To:        "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ad2: FAILURE - READ_DMA status=51<READY,DSC,ERROR> error=84<ICRC,ABORTED> LBA=0

On Mon, 17 May 2004 11:02:36 -0700
"Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net> wrote:

KO> If it came up at all, it would be ad3, but I don't think having a
KO> slave on an IDE buss with no master is allowed by the standard or
KO> supported by FreeBSD. (Yes, I know that it works on Windows.)

	It works fine on RELENG_4, some time ago I added an extra PCI
ATA card to my box so that all the devices were on their own channel and
I didn't bother to change the jumpers - it all works.

--
C:>WIN                                      | Solar Thermal Systems
The computer obeys and wins.                |      http://www.soleire.com/