Date:      Wed, 24 Jul 2002 18:47:01 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ru@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/release/i386 drivers.conf

In message: <20020725032910A.matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org>
            Makoto Matsushita <matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org> writes:
:
: ru> This was "broken" again.  I don't have any ideas of what to move
: ru> out.
:
: There are some ideas to do around boot floppies in my mind:
:
: 1) More drivers to move kernel modules, including other network
:    drivers, pccard and friends, filesystems, etc.  Apparantly it
:    reduces kernel size so kern.flp will fit to 1.44MB again.  It
:    requires some consideration that which driver can be moved as a
:    kernel module.

I've noticed that some of the older cam drivers are about all that is
in the way of making CAM truly loadable.  By that I mean having a
kernel with all supported devices that aren't loadable forces CAM to
be in the kernel because some of the SCSI devices aren't (yet)
loadable.  However, that's relatively easy to fix.

Warner