Date:      Fri, 27 Apr 2018 21:51:25 +0200
From:      Mathieu Arnold <mat@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Quarterly branch policy question

--ayyjhcsmpbpoqdoo

On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 04:38:14PM +0000, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
>=20
>  I have question about Quarterly branch commits.
>=20
>  Committers Guide says at 19.6.2
> (https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/committers-guide/ports.html#port=
s-qa-blanket):
>=20
> =3D=3D=3D=3D
> The following blanket approvals are in effect:
>=20
> * Fixing shebangs, stripping installed libraries and binaries, and plist
> fixes.
>=20
> Important:
>=20
> No unauthorized commits can ever be made without approval of either
> Ports Security Team <ports-secteam@FreeBSD.org> or Ports Management Team
> <portmgr@FreeBSD.org>.
> =3D=3D=3D=3D
>=20
>  I see contradiction here. Are such changes are pre-approved ("blanket
> approvals") or approval must be requested & gained?

There is a list of authorized things to do, and as people are usually
stupid and guess that they can go around if they like, something that
says after that list of authorized things that outside of that list, you
must get authorization.

>  Other question, whom should I ask for approval? I was said, that
> "portmgr is not responsible for approving merges, or direct commits, to
> the quarterly branches." in private message.
>=20
>  Must shebang fix be approved by ports-secteam@? Really?

shebang fixes are covered in the blanket.

--=20
Mathieu Arnold

--ayyjhcsmpbpoqdoo

--ayyjhcsmpbpoqdoo--