Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 1997 08:40:31 -0800
From:      bsampley <bsampley@vip.best.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help w/ 3.0 install

Greetings

I've had some problems with the 3.0 -current install.  During obtaining the scontrib
'package' somehow the line dropped to my ISP.  The install program didn't reognize this
fact.  I hit alt F3 and re-established the connection.  After a while the install
program didn't recognize the line had gone down and been re-established.  I hit ^C, then
 the install program realized the line went down and then logged back into
ftp://freebsd.org.

Here's where the problem comes into play.  When the install program logged back into the
ftp site it went on to the next 'package'.  I was only able to D/L up to 'chunk 12 of
60'.  How do I get the rest of this 'package' installed into my freebsd box?  As far as
I know, everything else instaled OK.  Am I going to have to D/L everything again?
Please say no, because at this point, I can drive up to Wlanut creek faster than I can
D/L the whole thing over again.

I haven't been able to get user ppp up and running because I cant even find lynx (The
/usr/local/bin directory doesn't exist).  Right now I'm using Mickey$oft lose95 on my
laptop to access email using Netscape.

Another ?:  How do I get the ports collection installed (like the way you can do it with
the CDROM).  I really like having that setup, however (I haven' tried too hard to figure
it out yet) I can't figure out how to set that up again.

FYI:  I have the CDROM for 2.1.5R.  I upgraded to 2.2 -Beta in january w/o complication,
but do to user error (by misinterpreting a dialog box from the install program) nuked my
entire previous setup.  Oh, well.  I just want to 3.0-current up and running.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Burton Sampley