Date:      Sun, 15 Oct 2006 00:41:59 -0700
From:      soralx@cydem.org
To:        Undisclosed.Recipients: ;
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quiet computer

> > Precisely. However, speed of the crypto engine should be directly
> > proportional to a peak speed of the RNG,
>
> That statement makes no sense to me.  Why would the RNG be relevant
> after the session keys are established?

okay, so I was wrong
sure way to quickly find out if your idea is wrong: say it on a
maillist :)
(I thought for some reason that new random string needs to be generated
for every block that's being encrypted)

> I don't really care how fast the crypto engine is on my Via system.

neither do I care how fast it is on someone else's system :p, but I'm
just curious whether the speed VIA claims, 25Gbps(!) peak is achievable

> I just care that it offloads the ALU.  I haven't gotten around to
> proving whether (and by how much) it does so.

did you get to the point that you're sure it's being used?

> > BTW... `ubench`? :)
>
> Not impressive.

you're using the same board as OP?

[SorAlx]  ridin' VN1500-B2