Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 2004 20:33:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      Francisco Reyes <lists@natserv.com>
To:        Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@withagen.nl>
Cc:        FreeBSD amd64 List <freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Server motherboard recommendation?

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Willem Jan Withagen wrote:

> From my humble experience as an ISP:
> Unless these are rather heavy loaded domains, with seriously large webpages
> and/or people sending large amounts of mail, this could be amply serviced by
> just anything above a 386 with 64mb :)

Glad to read that.
I do hope to grow the hosting part of my business and the last thing I
want is to have to get another machine any time soon.. so leaning towards
single Opteron.

Was also considering to partner with someone.. so the dual boards would
have been better if that happened.

> Getting it in 1U with a seperate card requires somewhat more thought since
> you'd want a video-chipset onboard to save on extra slots.

The data center I am considering will let me put a desktop which will save
some money on the case.