Date:      Mon, 04 Sep 2000 12:24:20 -0700
From:      Hartoyo <suntzu@theartofwar.org>
To:        David Babler <dbabler@Rigel.orionsys.com>
Cc:        ISP <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Email virus scanning

> My question is: how many of you virus-scan your customer's email, and what
> do you use to do it?

well, I am using sophos anti-virus (for linux - runs under linux emulator -
www.sophos.com) and amavis (www.amavis.org) as the mail wrapper to postfix.
Working great without any problem =)

PS: There is small problem with postfix + amavis combo. The warning message
(if a virus was found)  is not delivered to the sender or intended recipient.
Amavis just send a notification to mail admin. Not a big problem for me, but
might or might not be a problem for you. I heard this 'bug' doesn't exist in
sendmail + amavis combo. Don't know about qmail (try scan4virus -
http://www.geocities.com/jhaar/scan4virus/).

Hope this help,

Hartoyo