Date:      Thu, 30 Oct 1997 13:44:50 -0700 (MST)
From:      Kenneth Merry <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        kingson@excite.com
Cc:        mark@grondar.za, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: broken SMP support?

Kingson Gunawan wrote...
> I've attached my config file with this email.  The resulting kernel
> blank the screen (so I can't see what's there) and just reboot the
> machine.

	One other thing that will definitely help out is if you can
run the following command and send the results back to the list:

mptable -verbose -dmesg

	You can run this with a uniprocessor kernel.

> options		BOUNCE_BUFFERS		#include support for DMA bounce buffers

	You don't need bounce buffers, you don't have any controllers that
require it.

> options		UCONSOLE		#Allow users to grab the console
> options		FAILSAFE		#Be conservative

	I would remove failsafe as well.

	Also, what hardware are you running with?  (motherboard, CPUs,
memory, video cards, network cards, etc..)

	It's possible (yeah, I know this is a reach) that this could be
a pcvt problem.  Has anyone run PCVT with a SMP kernel?

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com