Date:      Fri, 15 Jul 2016 14:57:44 +0300
From:      Arto Pekkanen <isoa@kapsi.fi>
To:        Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Matthew Macy <mmacy@nextbsd.org>, chromium <chromium@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Chromium sandboxing on FreeBSD

The lack of co-operation from Chromium upstream might also explain why
Chromium is so unstable on FreeBSD. I mean, I get frequent tab crashes,
and kickstarter.com crashes the browser altogether. If the issues with
Chromium are to be resolved, we need people from upstream to take part
in squashing the bugs on the FreeBSD version of Chromium. PRs have been
filed regarding instability, but thus far there's been no fix.

Firefox is also pretty bad, it slows down to a crawl after using it for
a few hours. The other browsers are also either unstable or barely
usable. I tried Epiphany a few days ago, and it seems to get stuck
frequently. Not sure if the problem is in Webkit2.

I'd like to profile Firefox regarding the slowdown issue, but profiling
doesn't work on FreeBSD. The current version of Firefox should have a
profiler function built in, usable via Developer Tools menu, but it is
simply not there. Maybe I'll file a PR about this ...

--
Arto Pekkanen