Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 2014 16:08:52 +0200
From:      Philip Jocks <pjlists@netzkommune.de>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   ZFS bootloader issues

Hi,

I hope this is the right list.

I recently installed a new server with FreeBSD 10, roughly following =
this Wiki page
https://wiki.freebsd.org/RootOnZFS/GPTZFSBoot/9.0-RELEASE

The machine holds 5x3TB S-ATA Disks in hardware RAID 6, since the =
controller doesn't support JBOD and I didn't want to create 5 RAID0 =
arrays because that sounded like more trouble than it would help.
Yesterday I found out that the ISP didn't get me a Dual CPU machine, but =
only a single CPU machine, so today they installed a second CPU and =
started the box again, but it wouldn't boot, the Bootloader throws this =
error:

--
ZFS: i/o error - all block copies unavailable
ZFS: can=B4t find filesystem by guid
ZFS: i/o error - all block copies unavailable
ZFS: can=B4t find filesystem by guid

can=B4t load =B4kernel=B4
--

I tried re-adding the bootcode by issuing "gpart bootcode -b /boot/pmbr =
-p /boot/gptzfsboot -i 1 mfid0", but it didn't help.

Cheers,

Philip=