Date:      Mon, 11 Jun 2001 11:51:14 +0200
From:      Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>, FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>, jmz@FreeBSD.ORG, sf@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86 4.1.0 and include/GL/glu.h

Thus spake Maxim Sobolev (sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG):

> > It might even fix all these pthread crap errors /%/()§$(/%"§ I get
> > almost everytime I try to link something with lib*GL*, which are
> > probably also a result of the fork. GRRRR!
> No, it is tolally unrelated problem. This is due to the fact that the
> newest Mesa versions are built with pthreads by default, so due to
> FreeBSD stupidity in this area you have to link all ports that use Mesa3
> with -pthreads. This problem could be solved on 5-CURRENT by linking
> Mesa explicitly with -lc_r, but not on 4-STABLE.

Can this be done, please?
Almost *all* applications that test in configure for libGL, libGLU,
libglut etc fail the test because of this and need to be patched,
since the error in config.log is a pthread error and not a missing
symbol error but configure interpretes this as a missing symbol error
of course.

Alex
--
cat: /home/alex/.sig: No such file or directory