Date:      Mon, 20 Feb 2006 09:58:12 +0100
From:      nocturnal <nocturnal@swehack.se>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Software RAID on Dell PowerEdge SC1425 - SATA?

Hi

I'm wondering if anyone here knows if software RAID 1 works well on Dell
PowerEdge SC1425 machines with SATA disks. I hear a lot about SATA
software RAID not working on FreeBSD and my only experience with SATA
RAID and FreeBSD was full of problems so i thought i'd ask here for
other people with experience using Dell PowerEdge machines.

The sales people at Dell didn't know which chipset they had in their
machines so maybe someone here knows? It's a 1U rack server so i assume
it's an onboard SATA card.
--

Med vänliga hälsningar

Stefan Midjich aka nocturnal