Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 1999 11:24:59 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Arcady Genkin <a.genkin@utoronto.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Make buildworld -- have I missed something?

On 14 Dec 1999 12:21:35 EST, Arcady Genkin wrote:

> I have a feeling that this has something to do with cryptography
> issues (it's quite possible that I'm wrong). I do have /usr/src/crypto
> directory installed, but I haven't done anything to actually use those
> files... except for uncommenting "USA_RESIDENT=YES" in make.conf.

Have a look at the chapter on security in the online FreeBSD Handbook:

	http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/index.html

Of particular interest to you will be the commentary on DES and MD5,
the method of determining which passwords are in use and the method of
determining which libraries are in use.

Ciao,
Sheldon.