Date:      Tue, 3 Jul 2001 17:16:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Linh Pham <lplist@closedsrc.org>
To:        Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
Cc:        <hackers@freebsd.org>, <doc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Request for tech review: half of FreeBSD book

On 2001-07-03, Michael Lucas scribbled:

# I'm looking for a couple brave souls who would be willing to be
# technical reviewers.

I probably have some time on my hands to help out in anyway that I can.
I'm no BSD genius... but I'm not a newbie either :)

# I have plenty of people who are tracking down "this sentence no verb"
# and "what dictionary did you find *this* word in?" errors.  What I
# need are a couple of experienced sysadmin/developer types who can
# comment on the technical accuracy, before I send it to the publisher.
#
# The target audience is people who have basic UNIX familiarity.  I
# don't cover cd, ls, chmod, and friends.  I do cover FreeBSD-specific
# issues, and go into depth on securing your system, providing network
# services, tweaking the kernel, and so on.
#
# The section I have ready for review is about 80,000 words.  This is
# only a second draft -- there's rough bits here and there, I'm sure.
# But there's no point in polishing incorrect text.
#
# There's another 60,000-70,000 words coming, once I translate my
# brained-by-falling-masonry chicken-scratch into English.  I'd ask you
# to review that as well, hopefully by the end of August.
#
# I'll be happy to credit the reviewers in the book, of course, and send
# you a copy.  Since freelance writers make only slightly more than
# migrant farm workers, that's about it. :(
#
# So, if you're a sysadmin who likes to be pendantic, do please drop me
# a line!

If it covers BIND, Postfix, Python, and Webmin... I think I can be of
help. :)

So that's what you needed a reference for the netstat(1) bit for, eh?

--
Linh Pham
[lplist@closedsrc.org]

// 404b - Brain not found